Intellectually/Developmental Disability Services
Starlight Behavioral Health Services currently offers the following Intellectual/Development Disabilities Waiver services:
- Service Coordination, to link and refer individuals to community resources and assist in securing funding.
- Nursing Services are also provided in the community and are directed by a Registered Nurse. These services include linkage and referral to community physicians, medication administration, monitoring of chronic illnesses (including mental illness) and self-medication training.
- Individual Support Settings, consisting of small 1-3 person group homes providing 24 hour a day staffing at a level comparable with that provided in an Intermediate Care Facility for persons with Intellectually Disabilities.
- Person Centered Support Agency training to provide individuals with intellectual Disabilities and related conditions with skills to increase independence and maintain their own homes and to have access to their local community.
- Training includes such areas as cooking, cleaning, cognitive skills, personal hygiene training, using public transportation, shopping, and banking skills.
- Person Centered Support Family training to provide individuals with mental retardation and related conditions whom live with primary care giver(s), guardians(s), or parent(s) the skills necessary to increase independence and to have access to their local communities. Training includes such areas as cooking, cleaning, cognitive skills, personal hygiene, using public transportation, shopping, and banking skills.
- Behavior Support Professionals whom are trained in Positive Behavior Support design programming based upon baseline assessments, identify maladaptive behaviors, and develop Behavior Support Plans to reduce or extinguish these behaviors.
In addition, through a grant with the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Office of Behavioral Health Services, Starlight Behavioral Health Services operates a 3 bed Behaviorally Intensive Group Home.